Welcome to The Joy of Me Share Your Story page. We’re excited you’re here, and we look forward to reading your work.
A Joy of Me story is an inspirational and true story that opens the heart, rekindles the soul, and transforms lives. We are looking for stories that touch our readers and help them discover basic principles they can use in their own lives. These stories are personal and filled with emotions and drama. In some stories, the readers feel that they are actually in the scene with the people. This is a place for you to make a difference in someone else life through your story and transformation. We welcome all stories written in English, so don’t be shy!
Your story will be featured and shared with the world if chosen. You’ll also be entered into a story writing contest. How about that?! Do what you love, share it with the world, and have a chance to win money for it. Isn’t that truly The Joy of Me!
Submission Guidelines for a The Joy of Me story
1. Tell an exciting, heartwarming or funny story about something that has happened to you or someone you know. Your story needs to be written in the first person.
2. Tell your story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh, get goose bumps or say “Wow!”
3. Do not start your story with an introduction about what you are going to say, or end with a concluding paragraph about what you just said. Just tell your story!
4. Don’t be afraid to speak from the heart. Many people find telling personal stories for the first can be a cathartic and productive experience. You may choose to use a pen name for your story if you do not want to use your real name.
5. Your story must be true. No fiction, no creative writing. And keep your story to 1200 words or less. Keep it short and sweet!
A few more tips about submitting
1. The only way to submit your stories or poems to us is via our website. If you have any problems when trying to fill out the form to submit your work, please use our contact form.
What happens after I submit my story or poem?
If we choose your story or poem it will be featured in the “read a story” section and automatically entered into the writing contest. We also save submissions for future feature consideration. So please be patient!
Please complete all fields in the form below. Even if you are a past contributor and we have your information on file, we need your complete information again.
Step 1: Submitter’s Contact Information
[contact-form-7 id=”122″ title=”share your story”]
Step 3: Submit Story
Before you press the “Submit” button, please make sure the contact information you entered above is accurate.
Please be patient after you press the SUBMIT button.
Wait for the next screen to come up with a message that says:
Thank you! Your information has been received.
This is your confirmation that we have received your story or poem and that it has been entered into our database.